Saturday, February 9, 2008

A Wake-Up Call

On Monday, the day after the Superbowl, I did not go to the gym. I ate way too much food and my stomach was not happy about. D. called me at about 6:40 that morning and left a beautiful message on my voicemail. In short, he told me that I have come too far to start skipping days and with the day before being Superbowl Sunday, I had no excuse for not making it into the gym.

While he was right on target, he was wrong on one thing. I had every intention of making it to the gym that morning. BUT, all of the crap that I ate over the weekend was not going to let me leave my house. There was no way I was making it to the gym. I called him later on that day and spoke with him. He made me promise to come in after work to at least get my cardio in; I told him that I would. Unfortunately, I broke my promise to him because I didn’t make it. BUT, I was right back in the swing of things on Tuesday morning. I’ll tell you this, missing the gym for five days did a doozy on me. I was out of breath on the TC and could barely complete one mile. Needless to say, I did not meet my cardio goal that day, but I did not let it discourage me. I came back on Wednesday with a vengeance…AND, I reached my goal. The first time I ever reached my cardio goal. Thursday, I had a repeat performance and reached my goal again. I was ecstatic!!! I had a plan to reach my 5-mile goal on Friday, but D. had another plan for me…yoga.

I didn’t want to do yoga. Heck, I hated Pilates and figured I would hate yoga just as much. Well, I was pleasantly surprised because I loved it. It was extremely easier than Pilates and much more relaxing. I cannot wait until next Friday so I can do yoga again.

~Traycee~

No comments: