Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I almost didn't make it

I tell ya, I am not a morning person. I almost didn't make it into the gym this morning. Now, I didn't go yesterday because I couldn't get any sleep on Sunday night…I didn't finally go to sleep until about 2AM. This morning, I kept hitting the snooze button on my alarm clock. But, I kept fighting myself to get up. Then, all of a sudden I heard D. yelling in my ear…"TRAYCEE, get up NOW!!! Get your butt out of that bed. You've come too far to start getting lazy on me." Then, I heard B…"Come on, Traycee! I know you can do it."

I finally got up about 20 minutes after my alarm clock initially went off. I got dressed and got moving. I made it to the gym around 5:45…just in time for our group training. B. wasn't there today. So, we worked out with another group. We were doing some type of step aerobics where we had to step up (each set were different heights) and as we stepped down, we had to squat and pick up either one of those heavy metal balls or dumbbells. The balls ranged in weight from, I believe, 5lbs. to 15 or 20lbs. The dumbbells ranged from 15lbs. to 45lbs. The steps that had the bigger weight for us to pick up was the highest for us to step up on…around 6 or 7 stacked together. It was quite the workout.

I got most of my cardio in this morning. I didn't get to warm up before the above exercises, but I think I was still ok. After the class, I went to the tread climber (TC) and did only one mile (I'm supposed to do at least two). Then, I went to the treadmill (T), and completed my full 1 ½ miles.

I've been up for about 6 hours now. I went to vote this morning and was starving by the time I left. I stopped at my local spot over by my hair dresser and got a bacon, egg, and cheese on wheat bread AND a BLT on wheat! I know it was all wrong…but I was HUNGRY!!! Don't worry, I'm going to do a salad or something like that for lunch and some chicken noodle soup for dinner…it's COLD here in Maryland.

I hope you all went out and made your voices heard (for all those in the DC area)……..VOTE!!!

Until next time,
~Traycee~

No comments: